Support Breast Cancer Charities & Walk the Walk on July 20 #MoonWalkNYC


On the evening of July 20th this year the city of New York will be even more lit up than usual.  There will be thousands of women and men power walking through the city wearing brightly decorated bras.  All of the bras will be donned for a good reason.  The MoonWalk participants are raising money for breast cancer charities while having fun and encouraging others to get fit.  For the 26.2 mile participants will power walk by some of New York's most iconic landmarks that will be lit up brightly at night.  (There is also a half marathon option so all are encouraged to participate regardless of your fitness level.)

This year is the first time the event will be taking place in New York City.  For the past 16 years the overnight marathon has taken place in London.  During that time there have been over 300,000 participants and over $126 million dollars raised to support both breast cancer research and those affected by breast cancer.  My own mom was diagnosed with breast cancer over 11 years ago.  Thanks to the detection and treatment she is living now cancer free.  I'm so thankful she is still in our lives and my children love how active she is with them.  Needless to say breast cancer research is an important cause to me.


I think this walk sounds like an amazing way to support the cause and have a great time while doing it.  With an estimated 8000 people expected to participate I'm certain it will be a success, but additional support is always needed.  To learn more and register for the event visit Walk the Walk America.



Disclosure:  I participated in this campaign for One2One Network.  By posting, I am eligible for incentives.  All opinions stated are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment