Idina Menzel's Holiday Wishes Album Review #HolidayWishes #O2O

Disclosure:  I participated in the Idina Menzel Holiday Wishes album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided an album to review but all opinions are my own.




My senior year of high school I was introduced to the Broadway show Rent and was instantly hooked on the music and the message.  I didn't know it at the time, but I would continue to listen to one of the voices from the show throughout my adult life.  I've enjoyed listening to Idina Menzel on the Wicked Soundtrack, watching her guest arc on Glee and being under her spell as Elsa in Frozen.  Before Frozen was even in theaters my daughter was singing along to "Let It Go" on the Disney Channel, but I don't think I could have imagined the phenomenon it became.  I do think it's pretty clear I've always enjoyed her voice in whatever she does.  Her latest effort is an album of Christmas music, Holiday Wishes.

Check out the album trailer below for a little peek into what you can enjoy while listening to the album:


We always play Christmas music while setting up our tree and decorating. Hopefully we'll be doing that this upcoming weekend and now I have another great album of Christmas music to add to my collection.   There are so many great tracks it makes it hard to pick my favorites, but I'll give it a shot.  

Idina duets with Michael Bublé for "Baby It's Cold Outside" and I could listen to it over and over. His crooning with her vocals are a perfect fit.  Another fun song that I love is "All I Want for Christmas".  I think she gives Mariah Carey a run for her money on that one.  I love the song "River".  The melody just gets to me and it may be the emotional highlight of the album for me.  And "December Prayer" to me is the track where she really gets to show off her vocal range and what she can do.

Here is the full track listing of Holiday Wishes:
  • Do You Hear What I Hear
  • The Christmas Song
  • Baby It's Cold Outside
  • Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
  • All I Want for Christmas
  • What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?
  • December Prayer
  • When You Wish Upon a Star
  • Silent Night
  • River
  • Holly Jolly Christmas
  • White Christmas
Plus the exclusive Target edition of Holiday Wishes features two bonus tracks, including “Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!” and "Mothers Spiritual".

Holiday Wishes is available now on iTunes and Amazon.



To learn more you can visit the Official Idina Menzel website: www.idinamenzel.com, follow on Twitter  @idinamenzel, connect on  Facebook  https://www.facebook.com/IdinaMenzel or view on  YouTube  http://bit.ly/IMHWVID.

No comments:

Post a Comment