Frugal Tuesday Tip


Here is my tip of the week!



Did you know you can freeze cheese?  I'm not sure how many people do this, so I am sharing this.  We love to stock up on shredded cheese when it is on sale for $0.99.  It goes straight from the store to our freezer until the time we need to use it.  We usually purchase the 2 cup package this way, but if you buy bigger packages you just need to make sure if you are using some and then repackaging to freeze that you remove all the air from the package.  Some say that freezing cheese works best when you are going to be melting the cheese anyway, but we've used cheese that was stored this way in other recipes and have had no issues with the taste or quality.  And it beats paying over $1.50 for a package of cheese whenever we need one.

2 comments:

  1. I do this all the time. Block cheese doesn't freeze well but we have had no issues with shredded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do this all the time too! I agree that block cheese doesn't work as well, but if you shred it yourself it is fine. I figured people would think I'm weird because I freeze cheese. *LOL*

    ReplyDelete