Sunday, June 12, 2011

Recipe - Garden Lime Dip

Frito-Lay sent me this Summer Fun gift pack that included some great summer snacks including Tostitos Scoops! tortilla chips, Tostitos Restaurant Style with a Hint of Lime tortilla chips and Lay’s Classic potato chips and one of their new Dip Creations dip mix in Garden Onion flavor.  It all came in a handy insulated Frito-Lay tote bag made from recycled material. We can't get enough chips in our family and of course my son wanted to open them all right away, but I made him wait because I needed to take a picture!  We had never tried the Tostitos with a hint of lime - the flavor is a little strong for my hubby, but I'm really enjoying them.  We're looking forward to trying the dip mix soon at a summer get together.  It's so easy to make - just mix with sour cream, chill and enjoy!  They also sent a recipe I want to share with you.  As soon as I read avocados I knew it was one we had to try.  Here it is:

Garden Lime Dip

1 avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
1 diced red onion
3 T lime juice
1 16 oz. jar salsa

Combine all ingredients in a bowl.  Serve immediately.

Disclosure:  Frito Lay provided me with the products and recipes for this post.  No further compensation was received.  All opinions 100% my own.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a delicious and simple dip! Will definitely try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds good. A nice dip for crackers or vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this recipe! It's so simple and versatile. I like how it incorporates lime juice. I'd love to try this one out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an easy, yet very delicious recipe. I have got to try this next weekend.

    ReplyDelete