Music Review ~ Seal's New Album 7 #Seal7 #O2O

Disclosure:  I participated in the 7 album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided an album to review but all opinions are my own.





Grammy Award Winning and multi-platinum artist Seal has a new album that will be released this Friday, November 6th. I was trying to do some research as to why the album is entitled '7' when I read what I had been missing previously.  This album is the singer's seventh full-length album.  The theme of the album is love, so I thought the title may have gone more that direction, but I get it.  The album title goes the simple route while the songs on the album go deeper.  “The album concerns the most sung about, most talked about, and most documented emotion—love,” Seal affirms. “I tried to capture all of the wonderfully different dynamics of love, whether it’s the anger, the acceptance, the bliss, the sadness, the elation, or the recklessness. It’s this emotion and the ways it makes us feel. It’s about the extreme joy 
and the extreme regret as well as all of the crazy things love makes us do.”

Seal has a very distinctive voice you may remember from hit songs "Crazy" and "Kiss From a Rose".  If you enjoy his music and the latter song especially you won't be disappointed by the album.  Take note and be sure to listen to track 6 "A Big Love Has Died".  It evokes a lot of that same passion and vocal power.  The album opens with a song titled "Daylight Saving" and his voice and lyrics make this song a heart-breaker.  The album ends with "Love" with more romantic lyrics and a lovely piano accompaniment.  My favorite track is a song called "Half a Heart".  I just like the lyrics and think it's a good one who's going through or has been through a break up or loss of some type.

The first single released off the album is "Every Time I'm With You" and you can watch the music video for it right here:



Full 7 Track Listing:

1 - Daylight Saving
2 - Every Time I'm With You
3 - Life on the Dancefloor
4 - Padded Cell
5 - Do You Ever
6 - The Big Love Has Died
7 - Redzone Killer
8 - Monascow
9 - Half A Heart
10 - Let Yourself
11 - Love

The album 7 is available for pre-order now on Amazon and iTunes.




You can learn more by visiting Seal's website and you can follow via Twitter, Facebook and YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment