Andrea Bocelli “Cinema” Album Review #Cinema #O2O

Disclosure:  I participated in the Andrea Bocelli “Cinema” album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided an album to review but all opinions are my own.


Next Friday, October 23rd the newest album from Andrea Bocelli will be released.  The album titled "Cinema" features songs from classic movies performed by the acclaimed tenor. To be honest I'm familiar with the name Andrea Bocelli but since I don't tend to listen to classical music I have never really listened to his music.  Obviously I'm in the minority here because he is the biggest selling classical music artist and even sang for Pope Francis on his recent visit to the United States.   However, I was intrigued to review the album because I love movies and there are so many classic moments that are made truly memorable because of the music.  

The album opens with "Maria" from the musical West Side Story.  I have seen both the live stage version and the movie version multiple times and this is a favorite of mine from the show.  It is a great opening to the album and my favorite track on the album.

The song that surprised me was "E Piu' Ti Penso" a duet with Ariana Grande from Once Upon a Time in America.  I wasn't familiar with the song and I'm not a fan of Ariana Grande but their two voices together on this song sounded amazing.

Another highlight of the album for me was "The Music of the Night" from "The Phantom of the Opera".  This is another musical I have seen multiple times and his voice has the perfect power and tone that sounds probably better than I have seen it performed.

I also enjoyed "No Llores Por Mi Argentina" from Evita just because I like the song "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" and have never heard it song entirely in Spanish.   This one was a duet with Nicole Scherzinger and I don't feel she really added anything to it.  It probably didn't need to be recorded as a duet.

There were several other songs on the album that I was familiar with if not familiar with the language they were song in.  Although I liked the music I didn't enjoy it as much because for me a big part of my musical enjoyment is being able to sing along with the music.  There were also a number of tracks on the album that I wasn't familiar with at all, but still sounded great with Andrea's voice.

You can watch the video to the final track on the album "Nelle Tue Mani (Now We Are Free" from the movie Gladiator here:



Full Cinema Track Listing: 
1) MARIA from ‘West Side Story’  
2) LA CHANSON DE LARA from ‘Doctor Zhivago’
3) MOON RIVER from ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’  
4) E PIU' TI PENSO duet with Ariana Grande from ‘Once Upon a Time in America /Malèna’
5) BE MY LOVE from ‘The Toast of New Orleans’
6) THE MUSIC OF THE NIGHT from ‘The Phantom of the Opera’
7) BRUCIA LA TERRA from ‘The Godfather’
8) POR UNA CABEZA from ‘Scent of a Woman’
9) NO LLORES POR MÍ ARGENTINA duet with Nicole Scherzinger from ‘Evita’
10) L'AMORE È UNA COSA MERAVIGLIOSA from ‘Love is a many splendored thing’
11) MI MANCHERAI from ‘Il Postino’
12) CHEEK TO CHEEK duet with Veronica Berti from ‘Top Hat’
13) SORRIDI AMORE VAI from ‘La vita è bella’  
14) HISTORIA DE AMOR from ‘Love Story’
15) OL' MAN RIVER from ‘Show Boat’


16) NELLE TUE MANI (NOW WE ARE FREE) from ‘Gladiator’


Cinema is available for pre-orders now on iTunes and Amazon.  You can learn more about Andrea Bocelli via his website or you can follow on Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment