@DisneyMusic Shake It Up I Heart Dance CD Review

I received this product for the purpose of a review.


About 12 hours into our 17 hour drive from Iowa to Galveston, Texas for our Disney Cruise we were stuck in Dallas traffic.  My son was watching a movie, but my 4 year old daughter was needing some entertainment.  I was so thankful to have a surprise waiting for her for just that perfect time.  Little Miss was so excited to see the "Shake It Up" CD.  She watches "Shake It Up" on the Disney channel regularly at home.  She love to watch CeCe and Rocky dance and I'm pretty sure she loves to see what they're wearing too.  She definitely takes it all in including the music.   

The CD kicks off with Zendaya and Bella Thorne's "Contagious Love" and the song definitely is contagious.  I honestly don't mind listening to it every night when I put my daughter to bed because that is the song that goes on her CD player on repeat.  Little Miss knew that song already from the video on the Disney Channel so she was pumped.  She knew the next one too, "This Is My Dance Floor" from the show and that is another one of her favorites. When track #4 "Afterparty" by Roshon Fegan and Caroline Sunshine played Little Miss started talking about the little girls that were dancing on the show to that song.  The "Shake It Up Theme Song" is another favorite of course and that is performed by Selena Gomez.

When my son unplugged his movie that day in the car and heard what we were listening to his jaw literally dropped.  He couldn't believe we had music from the show and I have to say it was a great surprise to him as well.  Both the kids like the CD so much they made sure they took it to both of their grandparents' houses over Mother's Day weekend so they could do a dance performance to it.  Along with the songs I mentioned already they grooved a lot to "Holla At the DJ" performed by Coco Jones.  If you're a Disney Channel fan then you probably know who Bridgit Mendler is from "Good Luck Charlie".  The bonus track on the CD "We're Dancing" is performed by her.

If you have kids who are fans of the "Shake It Up" show or who are fans of Zendaya from watching her on "Dancing With the Stars" I have no doubt they will love this CD.  The songs will get them moving.  The CD also features bonus content you can access on your computer with an internet connection.


Shake It Up: I <3 Dance is available now on iTunes and Amazon.


Disclosure:  I received a copy of this CD Child's Play Communications for the purpose a review.  All opinions are 100% mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment