Review ~ Tide Pods


Tide Pods were introduced in early 2012 as a way to simplify your laundry experience. Each pod contains a pre-measured amount of detergent plus a stain remover and a brightener.  The three-chamber design of the pod keeps each ingredient separate until they hit the wash.  They are also made to quickly dissolve in any water temperature.  To use Tide Pods you simply place one in your washer drum before you add your dirty laundry.


My Review: I love products that make my life easier or speed up any task including laundry. Tossing a Tide Pod in the washer is faster than measuring and pouring a traditional liquid laundry detergent. The three ingredient design isn't my primary reason for using them. I still tend to use a stain fighting product to pre-treat my tough stains. The brightening feature is just an added benefit for me. The most important aspect of any laundry detergent is that it gets your clothes clean. I can say that after a weekend of using Tide Pods in each of my 8 laundry loads, including my hubby's dirty work clothes the product does the job. The majority of my loads are done in a cold water wash and the pods worked well. I did not notice any discoloration of any of our clothes from using the product which is also very important to me. 

The Tide Pods I received were all Spring Meadow scented.  On every load of laundry I moved from my washer to the dryer I could definitely smell the fragrance of the laundry detergent.  I don't mind scented items and I'm not very sensitive to smell, but I did want to note that as I know many people are.  My husband even noted that our pillow cases had a scent on them even after being in the dryer and sitting in a laundry basket all day long.

You can learn more about Tide Pods on Facebook and Twitter.

Disclosure:  This review was made possible by Mom Spark Media. All opinions are 100% mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment