Mat Kearney "Young Love" Album Review


I have to confess something to you I'm not sure I've confessed yet.  I love having this blog as my "job".  I love that it allows me to hang out with my kids at home and watch music videos on VH1 in the morning and I love the extra "perks" that are part of the "job".  One of the most recent "perks" I received was a copy of Mat Kearney's new album "Young Love".  I love music by the way.  Listening to a great CD is an awesome task to be assigned to.

Even if you haven't heard of Mat Kearney I'm fairly certain you've heard his latest single "Hey Mama" out on the radio now (or you can catch the video on VH1 too of course!).  They made a great choice on the lead single.  "Hey Mama" is super catchy, a fun song to sing along to and honestly I wish I wasn't usually driving when I hear it because all I really want to do is clap my hands along to it.  It was the first song realeased on the new album and also the first track on the cd.  I love the beats.  You will also find great rhythmns on a lot of the other tracks on the album.  "Ships in the Night" and "Count on Me" keep you feeling upbeat.  It's hard to choose between my second favorite tracks on the cd.  I really like listening to both "Sooner Or Later" and "Young Dumb and In Love". 

When I imported the cd to iTunes it classifed his album as Religious.  From only hearing "Hey Mama" I was surprised, but once I listened to "Down" it was easy to pick up.  "Can you hear when we call - There where we fall - Standing our backs against the wall - Top of our lungs hallelujah- where pain and love bleed into one - Baby when all you see is darkness -We all need forgiveness" Love it.  My only complaint is that the album ended on a slow note.  "Rochester" was not my favorite track, but overall I really enjoyed the album and look forward to hearing more from him.

You can find more about Mat Kearney on his website, check him out on Facebook or visit his iTunes page.  He will also be playing in Des Moines on October 1st (my birthday!) at People's!

Disclosure:  I received a copy of Mat Kearney's new album for purpose of review from One2One Network.  No further compensation was received.  All opinions are 100% mine.

2 comments:

  1. I've love Mat Kearney for a long time! Are you going to his concert??

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're planning on it! Are you thinking about going?

    ReplyDelete