Baby Product Review ~ Hipoglos Skin Protectant Ointment

Disclosure:  Product was received for the purpose of this review.



When you have an age gap of over 5 years between your children you discover that there are a lot of new baby products to try.  This can be both overwhelming and a wonderful thing at the same time.  My third child gets to use the things I loved from my oldest two children and gets to try the latest and greatest things as well.  One thing I could never find with my older kids was a diaper cream that I really loved.  At the time our childcare provider used a cream that was hard to remove and very strong smelling.  I then used unscented products at home that didn't always work as well.


Recently I was provided with samples of Hipoglos Skin Protectant Ointment to try out on my little guy.  It's a product that's actually new in the United States, but has been in use in Latin American countries for over 60 years.  The first time we used it our little Mr. P. had a sore bottom.  It only took a couple of applications before it was looking comfortable again.  We use diaper cream somewhat regularly.  It doesn't get used every diaper change, but if the area is starting to look red I apply some.  It also gets used at nighttime when he's more likely to be in a wet diaper for a while.  Note that I am not a cloth diaper user.

I like that Hipoglos is a creamy ointment and not greasy.  I also like the fact that although it is creamy it is not too thick or sticky.  It's important for me that when it goes on it's going to stay where it's needed to work, but when it's time for a clean up it comes off just as easily.  The active ingredients in Hipoglos are Lanolin and Zinc Oxide.  The ingredients work together to form a barrier between the skin and wetness. The product does have a fairly strong scent.  



I have found that Hipoglos is an effective ointment in treating my baby boy's diaper rash and it's a product that I like.  Hipoglos is available now at Walgreens stores and also available on Amazon.  You can learn more by connecting with Hipoglos on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment