SimplyFun's Kilter Game Review

Product was received in exchange for this post.


We are a family of game lovers and although we love many of the classic games that are available it is always a lot of fun discovering new game companies and games that are truly unique.  SimplyFun is one of those companies that creates fun and educational games that support its mission of building smarter kids and stronger families.  What make SimplyFun even more unique is that these aren't games you'll find in the store or even on Amazon because they are sold through their team of "Playologists".  Using this direct sales route they can help friends, families and classrooms discover the games that are just right for them.


My family received a cute package from SimplyFun that contained the game Kilter in it.  As soon as it was opened my son was intrigued by the seesaw like game set-up and colorful pieces. It is for ages 8 and up and designed for 2 to 4 players.  I decided my 7 year old son and I should first give it a go before deciding if Little Miss could help with game play.  The goal of the game is to safely distribute all your blocks onto the seesaw and be the first to place all of your weighted cubes.  If it tilts your turn is over.  You also have to take any blocks that fall off during your turn. 


The game is educational because it helps teach the physics of levers and motion as well as encouraging patience and strategy.  I found even the distribution of blocks during setup helpful as my kids could practice their counting skills. Game play was interesting our first time around because I'm not sure my son was totally getting it.  I thought it was funny that my hubby who had decided to sit this one out was totally getting into it and telling us how it should be done.  I think next time I need to play a little one on one with him to see just how good he really is at it.  I think my son will enjoy it more as he gets a little older, but boy did he think it was great whenever mommy caused a block to fall off.  Kilter is an award winning game that can be played in less than 30 minutes making it a good choice for busy families that still want to have valuable "together time".

To learn more about this game and the rest of the 90+ award-winning games in the SimplyFun portfolio be sure to visit their website.  You can also connect with Simply Fun on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.


Disclosure:  I received this game for the purpose of an honest review.  All opinions are 100% mine.

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a good game to play with my 9 year old granddaughter, and she will be learning about physics without even realizing it.

    ReplyDelete