Review ~ Woolzies Dryer Balls

Product was received in exchange for this post.



I've been using dryer balls for at least three years now.  I had read about the benefit of reducing drying time and knew it was something I wanted to try.  I started with a set of plastic dryer balls that didn't last even 2 months.  My second set I spent money on was a harder plastic and again one of them didn't last long enough to justify what was spent on them.  All of that time it never even occurred to me that I was releasing harsh chemicals from the plastic into my laundry via the hot air.  And if you've ever listened to hard plastic dryer balls tumble around in the dryer you know it's not a sound that's pleasant to listen to.  All that tumbling from hard items can also cause damage to dryer's electronic sensors.  Woolzies Dryer Balls are a natural fabric softener that provide an alternative to those plastic dryer balls while providing all the key benefits and more.


The main benefit to me and why I always use dryer balls in every load is to reduce drying time.  By using all 6 of the Woolzies dryer balls that come in the box I can reduce drying time by 25%.  I love the fact that I'm saving energy, but the time factor for me is huge.  We have a dryer that's not so efficient and I tend to do most all of my laundry on one day.  I typically end up waiting on the dryer and Woolzies help me get more done in less time.

Woolzies wool dryer balls are also a great alternative for people who can't use traditional fabric softeners because of allergies.  Woolzies are hypoallergenic and chemical free.  They are also safe for people who have wool sensitivities because the wool doesn't shed.  Woolzies are a handmade item, but they are made to last.  The company guarantees them to last for at least 1000 loads . I've been using my balls for several weeks now and they have probably been in the dryer for over 20 loads.  As you can see in the picture below they barely look used.  I feel confident they will last long long time.
  

Now one of the reasons I still use a traditional fabric softener sheet in my dryer along with the dryer balls is because I really like my laundry to smell fresh.  What I just learned is that if you use essential oils there is a way to end up with freshly scented laundry if you apply the oil to a couple of the Woolzies balls and run your dryer on fluff.  That may be a route I will have to try for myself.

To learn more about Woolzies be sure to connect with them on Facebook and follow on Twitter.

Disclosure:  I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment