SmartGames ~ Color Code Review


I love discovering new games for the kids and I'm always on the lookout for ones I think they will enjoy.  It's a bonus when I find a game that is also educational.  I was recently introduced to the Color Code game and I'm a new fan of this seemingly simple game that can become quite challenging!

Color Code is a puzzle game that's intended for ages 5 and up.  It is a single player game and a way to keep them actively engaged for a while.  The game comes with 18 square tiles with various colors & shapes, a display holder and a game guide book.  The game guide is what you use to choose which design you would like to try to put together on your display. 

 
I gave the game to my 6 year old son and 3 year old daughter to play with.  We all took turns picking out a challenge from the guide and trying to see if we could place the tiles correctly in the holder to match the image in the book.  The book contains several levels of difficulty.  There are Starter challenges that my only use 2 tiles up to Master challenges that could use 5 tiles.  My 6 year old could complete the starter challenges with ease, but had to slow down a bit when he tried to complete some of the Junior challenges.  My 3 year old was able to pick out which tiles she should use for her challenge, but wasn't always able to place them in the holder the correct way.  It will be fun to see how she does after she plays with it more.  When I took my turn I had a tough time with the first expert challenge I selected, but after completing a few of them I got the hang of it.  The game does make you think!  (If you need some help you will find the solutions in the back of the game guide)
 


My son thought it was a lot of fun trying to play this "matching game".  I love that it's a game that he can play completely on his own and it will grow with him and continue to challenge him for a long while. 

You can order Color Code online at Smart Toys and Games and it is available at Meijer, Marbles and other quality toy stores everywhere.  To discover more brain-building, single-player puzzle games visit SmartGames and you can also follow SmartGames on Twitter.

Disclosure: I received this game for the purpose of an honest review. All opinions are 100% mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment