Holiday Gift Idea ~ The California Wine Club @cawineclub


I thoroughly enjoy drinking wine especially having a glass with a nice meal or sharing a bottle with girlfriends.  There are several types of wine that I know that I love, so I tend to stick with those rather than take a chance on a new variety.  I'd love to try something new, but often don't know what I would like.  That's why The California Wine Club would make a great gift for anyone like me.  It makes learning about new varieties easy and enjoyable.

The California Wine Club has been recommending great wine to members for over 20 years.  Their unique membership program allows you to receive new bottles delivered to your door to taste and try.  You can choose monthly delivery, every other month or even quarterly.  The choice is yours.  The best part is that you have a team of experts that will work with you and help you with your choices and questions.  Your shipment will arrive with the newsletter Uncorked that may contain recipes or information on California's smaller award-winning wineries.  It will also come with a scorecard for you to judge the wine you drink.  Rate the wine on its color, nose, taste and finish and you'll find that you may be learning while you're enjoying your wine.


I received a shipment from The California Wine Club in November.  Both bottles were from the Robledo Family Winery.  The white was a Sauvignon Blanc and the red was a Tempranillo.  I opened both bottles when I had some mom friends over to help me taste them.  I always enjoy a Sauvignon Blanc as it is very light and drinkable.  This was the first time I've ever had a Tempranillo.  It was very aromatic.  One of my friends described it as "tangy".  I agree that it was a rich and flavorful wine.  I wished I had been able to pair it with one of my favorite meals of beef tenderloin medallions with gorgonzola.  It would have been a perfect combination in my opinion.

Visit The California Wine Club to learn more about their many different membership options that are available and the unique holiday gifts they offer.  You can also find them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter.

Disclosure:  This review was made possible by Mom Spark Media. Thoughts are my own. I received a 2 month Membership to the California Wine Club for the purpose of this review.

1 comment:

  1. you had me at "wine" and then you blew my mind when you tagged on "club" what a great concept. =)

    Stopping by to say hi and how sweet it is that you joined us for An Aloha Affair last week. We are live now and are looking forward to spending the weekend mingling. I'd love it if you'd join us again.

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete