Review: The Night Night Book

Book:  The Night Night Book written and illustrated by Marianne Richmond

Price:  $7.95 available at all major book retailers

Description:  "Sure to become a new bedtime classic, this book takes readers on a tour of the house as everyone settles in for the night. Whimsical artwork and comforting scenes show kids it's time to bid the day farewell and rest up for a new tomorrow. Filled with text and illustrations that exemplify Marianne's real insights into the human spirit, The Night Night Book is a must-have bedtime accessory for any parent."

My Review:  I was thrilled to be able to review this book.  Our bedtime routine always includes books and I am always on the look out for a new fun book to read to my toddler and preschooler.  The Night Night Book is one I fell in love with at first glance.  The cover itself is adorable.  I opened to a page to read "Bubbly clean. Teeth are brushed.  Milk in Tummy.  House is hushed."  It was reminiscent of one of my all time faves Goodnight Moon.  I love the rhythmn of the story when read aloud and the kids love repeating "night night" to all things familiar to them. I also love the colorful illustrations and my son loves that some of his favorite things are pictured like soccer, toys and of course crackers!  The Night Night Book is a story that my family has enjoyed reading over and over again and I truly think you will enjoy it too!

Disclosure:  I received a copy of The Night Night Book to review at no charge from sourcebooks. No further compensation was received.  All opinions are 100% mine.

4 comments:

  1. I reviewed this book, too, and LOVED it so much!!

    Stumbled you...would love if you could stumble me back:
    http://www.keenlykristin.com/2011/05/bin-ladens-death-your-reaction.html

    Thanks for linking up!
    Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Milk in tummy" that's so cute! Sounds like a great book.

    I stumbled this.

    My posts: (2 different blogs)
    Pressure to Stop Breastfeeding

    Cutting Edge Therapies for Autism - Point to Happy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We own this book too You have been stumbled by Makobi Scribe My post to be Stumbled is at How to use Ping-o-matic So sorry for the cut and paste, but I wanted you to know you have been Stumbled even though I am in the middle of the I Love My Mommy event!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia! Reviewing books? You are big time. I will have to check out this book now.

    ReplyDelete