Our Early Valentine's Dinner at Bonefish Grill

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.





My hubby and I were able to celebrate Valentine's Day a little early this week by securing a sitter for the kids and going out to eat Monday night.  We dined out at the Bonefish Grill location in West Des Moines.  Although the restaurant has been in the area for several years this was our first visit.  We arrived before 5:30 and were seated in the bar area.  We were fine with that, but it was lacking ambiance and our server ended up being pretty busy.



I like to preview menus online before I try new places and I had already decided that I wanted to have the Wagyu Beef & Ginger Dumplings to start. It was the perfect pick for us.  We loved the ginger in the sauce and there were Thai peppers that added the right amount of heat.  The crispy shallots were a tasty addition.




Our entrees took a while to arrive, but thankfully we weren't in any rush.  My hubby had ordered the Bang, Bang Shrimp Tacos that came with greens on the side with a light vinaigrette.  Bang, Bang Shrimp is one of their most popular dishes so I wasn't surprised at all how much he liked them.  He thought the tacos had the right proportion of shrimp to the lettuce and tomatoes and loved how the tacos had both the soft and crispy thing going on.  Even better after he ordered we discovered the shrimp tacos were on the happy hour menu so his meal was only $6.  Score!



I'm not a huge seafood fan so I was pleasantly surprised by all of non-seafood and grilled specialty offerings.  I ended up surprising myself and ordered Sir Will's Fish & Chips.  The fish was crispy and I really liked the flavor of the batter along with the favor of their house-made tartar.



We treated ourselves to dessert Monday night as well because I saw a brownie with raspberry sauce on the menu.  We really enjoyed the Macadamia Nut Brownie.  It came with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream plus chocolate along with the raspberry sauce.  It wasn't too rich and the flavors all combined to make a delicious end to our meal.

Since baby #3 will make its debut sometime within the next month and it was a weeknight neither of us ordered any drinks with our meal.  That along with hubby's happy hour surprise made our whole dinner extremely affordable even with having both an appetizer and dessert.  

Valentine's Day Prix Fixe Offer

For Valentine's Day Bonefish Grill is offering a special prix fixe menu.  It's available now through Monday, February 17th.  You can get dinner for two for $29.90 per person.  The meal includes the delectable favorite Steak and Lobster Duet as well as a House or Caesar salad per guest and a brownie dessert to share.  If you're not able to get out for the evening you'll like knowing that Bonefish Grill restaurants nationwide will be open for lunch on Friday for Valentine's Day.  I know our location was opening at 11am that day.

Visit Bonefish Grill to find a location near you and check out all of their menu offerings.  They have special Cold Water Catch offerings available now through mid-February and brunch is available at Bonefish on Sundays year-round.

Disclosure:  I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment