Recipe ~ Wild Rice Caserole

This is a favorite recipe we like to take to Thanksgiving.  We've also had it many times as a meal in itself. 

Wild Rice Casserole

1/2 c. butter
1 can beef broth
1 packet onion soup mix
1 8 oz. can of water chestnuts
1 box of wild rice
(you can also add 1 cup of white rice and 1 cup water to stretch this recipe)

Heat over to 350.  Melt butter in casserole dish.  Add beef broth and onion soup mix to the dish.  Then add water chestunuts, wild rice with seasoning packet (white rice & water, optional).  Stir and mix all ingredients together then cook in oven for 1 hour, uncovered.

9 comments:

  1. this would be something good to take to the covered dish family dinners....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something I could just throw in my crock pot and cook. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to try out this recipe! (I'd use a vegetarian broth, though.) This looks simple and versatile, easy to make, and seems like the kind of dish that would go well with any number of main dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would most definitely love to try the Wild Rice Caserole. I think it is an outstanding plate, of which I am trying later in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummmm! I'm pretty sure my family will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely going to have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds good, thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like an easy and delicious recipe. I might add dried cranberries and diced bell pepper to make a festive holiday side.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete