Wholly Guacamole Products Review

I love guacamole and could eat it just about anytime and not get tired of it, but I should confess I would not touch it for the first 18 years of my life. My parents never made it at home and I was too unsure about the green stuff on my plate at Mexican restaurants to try it. That changed after I started dating my husband.  His mom made homemade quacamole and I felt obligated to give it a taste.  It was so good!  After that I was hooked.  My husband has always loved it and I must say he was pretty pleased with me when we received a freezer chest full of Wholly Guacamole products to try.  I've showed you pictures of my son excited before - well I should have grabbed a camera and snapped some shots of my hubby emptying out the box and the delight on his face! 
We received the package right around dinner time, so our first decision was which product to try first.  We've purchased the Classic and Spicy Guacamoles  in the past and knew we liked those, so we decided to try something new to us - the Pico de Gallo Style Guacamole.  We loved the flavor and also loved how similar it was to our own homemade guacamole.  It had chunks of avocado, tomato and onion and the perfect level of spice that I think anyone would enjoy.  The next thing we tried was the Mild Salsa and it was just okay in our opinion.  It was very flavorful, but a little sweet for our tastes.  I should add though it was my son's favorite!  We much preferred the Medium Salsa when we tried that recently.  It definitely had a kick to it that we enjoyed and loved its fresh taste.
When we tried the Organic Guacamole, which is the same as the Classic Guac just with organic ingredients, it was a little plain for our tastes.  However, when topped on our fajitas it was the perfect addition and gave it a yummy taste and texture that seriously made them the best fajitas we had ever made.

We also really enjoyed the Wholly Queso with chips.  We were able to use one container of it several times by heating up just a portion of it at a time and it seemed like a special treat to have at home.  I must not forget the 100 Calorie snack packs they sent us too!  Although my hubby never took me up on the offer of taking a pack with him to work - it would have made a great tasting lunch.  We loved using the packs of Spicy Quacamole to spread on our BLT sandwiches.  If you have never tried this you seriously should!!

Bottom Line:  Wholly Quacamole makes a lot of really great products you should give a try.  I love that it is a great product for entertaining on the fly - just pour in a bowl and serve or you can doctor it up for your own tastes.  (We like to add canned tomatoes with green chilis to the classic guac.)  I also love that it freezes well.  Plus it's a nutricious snack!  You won't find any additives or preservatives in this product.

I almost forgot one of my favorite things about Wholly Guacamole - the company is great about offering coupons!  You can visit eatwholly.com and sign up for their monthly newsletter and print a coupon just for signing up!  You can also visit Wholly Guacamole on Facebook and Follow on Twitter to find out about other special offers they have going on.

***Look for a giveaway here coming soon!***

Disclosure:  I received products for the purpose of a review.  All opinions are 100% mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment