Recipe - Greek Style Pasta Salad

This is a recipe we clipped out of a magazine sometime when we were travelling years ago.  It is one of my favorites for pasta salad, but we haven't made it yet this year.  Lucky for me there were some deals on items I needed to make the salad last week at Hy-Vee so I'm looking forward to having it this week!  We picked up both the spinach and feta on sale plus used coupons.  I used pasta out of my stockpile, but could have easily used some of the free pasta I picked up at the store.  We also don't have our own tomatoes yet so we are using canned diced tomatoes from our stockpile and replacing Greek olives with sliced green olives.  Different flavors I know, but much more economical!  It will still taste great!




Greek Style Pasta Salad

3 oz. packaged rigatoni
2 cups torn romaine or fresh spinach
2 small tomatoes chopped
1/2 c sliced pitted ripe or Greek olives
1/2 c crumbled feta cheese
3 T olive oil
3 T white-wine vinegar
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp pepper

Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions.  Drain and rinse with cold water.  In a bowl combine pasta, spinach, tomatoes, olives and feta cheese.

For the dressing combine olive oil, vinegar, oregano, onion powder and pepper in a container with a lid so you can shake to mix well.  Pour dressing over the pasta mixture and toss gently until all ingredients are well coated.  Cover and chill several hours. 

Confessions of a Frugal Mind
I'm sharing this recipe as part of the Frugal Tuesday Blog Hop.

13 comments:

  1. Looks very yummy! Stumbled you! You can stumble me back at: http://www.talkingkids.org/2011/07/books-for-language-development-if-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy. Gave you a stumble. If you could stop by here that would be great. http://www.twokidsandacoupon.com/2011/07/how-to-save-money-while-dining-out-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delish! I love the olives. Yum!

    I stumbled you. Stumble back if you like :-) http://www.mamamommymom.com/2011/07/citrus-lentil-salad.html

    Jamie @ www.mamamommymom.com
    www.facebook.com/mamamommymom
    www.twitter.com/mamamommymom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious. I love pasta salad.

    I stumbled you. My post is http://booksyourkidswilllove.blogspot.com/2011/07/why-curse-words-are-non-issue.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE feta cheese! Everything tastes better with feta!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love anything with a Greek twist, so will definitely try the Greek pasta salad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this salad and thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love pasta salads, this is a delightful combination of ingredients I want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm generally not a fan of Feta cheese, but I can easily see just LOVING this dish! It looks light and refreshing for summer, easy to make, and seems like it would make great leftovers. (Love having leftovers in the fridge!) Thank you for sharing-- I'd love to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love greek style pasta salad add some feta cheese. delicious

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing, thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete