Recipe - Homemade Macaroni & Cheese

Here's an easy recipe for homemade macaroni and cheese.  We've modified it from the original version.




Macaroni & Cheese

1 can chicken broth
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1 can evaporated milk
2 tablespoons butter, cut up
salt & pepper to taste
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  In a medium sized baking dish - combine broth, macaroni, evaporated milk, butter and salt & pepper.  Stir to combine.  Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.  Stir after 15 minutes and again after 30 minutes.  Remove from oven.  Stir in cheese until melted.  Serve immediately.

11 comments:

  1. I think I will use evaporated milk the next time I make mac and cheese. I forget about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a recipe for macaroni & cheese using evaporated milk...gotta try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of using chicken broth before. This recipe has few ingredients so I will be trying it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also had not heard of using chicken broth or evaporated. Mac and cheese is a staple at our house so will switch it up with recipe. I book marked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this recipe! Never would have thought to use broth in mac and cheese! Can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually use evaporated milk in my mac and cheese but hadn't thought of using chicken broth. I imagine that would add great flavor and will try it next time. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love mac & cheese. This is a great new recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad that I found this recipe of yours!! My grandkids are made up of macaroni and cheese! There isn’t a noodle or a piece of cheese that they don’t like!
    So this was definitely pin worthy for sure! The next time they are over, I am making this yummy favorite for them. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never used chicken broth or evaporated milk in my macaroni! I gotta try this!

    ReplyDelete