Sunday, January 16, 2011

Recipe - Homemade Macaroni & Cheese

Here's an easy recipe for homemade macaroni and cheese.  We've modified it from the original version.




Macaroni & Cheese

1 can chicken broth
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1 can evaporated milk
2 tablespoons butter, cut up
salt & pepper to taste
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  In a medium sized baking dish - combine broth, macaroni, evaporated milk, butter and salt & pepper.  Stir to combine.  Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.  Stir after 15 minutes and again after 30 minutes.  Remove from oven.  Stir in cheese until melted.  Serve immediately.

4 comments:

  1. I think I will use evaporated milk the next time I make mac and cheese. I forget about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a recipe for macaroni & cheese using evaporated milk...gotta try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of using chicken broth before. This recipe has few ingredients so I will be trying it soon!

    ReplyDelete