Mabel's Labels has something special in store for all you Shark Week fans! Now through July 29th, you'll be able to take 30% off personalized name stickers with shark icons.
Got a shark-loving fan in the house? Here are some fun facts about sharks:
- Sharks can be fussy eaters. Sometimes they will take a bite out of their prey or just sink their teeth in to get a taste before they start really feeding. If they don’t like the taste, they spit it out and move on.
- Like many creatures, including humans, sharks have a large heart with four separate chambers.
- Blue Sharks are the fastest sharks, reaching speeds of 43 mph, but only in short bursts. Their normal speed is 7 mph.
- Experts believe that the whale shark may be capable of living up to 150 years, making it one of the longest-living creatures on Earth.
- A shark’s skeleton is made of rubbery cartilage, like the tip of our noses.
- A shark attack on a human usually occurs in less than 6 feet 6 inches of calm water, and within a relatively short distance from shore.
- Swell sharks received their name from their ability to swallow water and swelling up themselves to appear larger in the eyes of predators.
- The hammerhead shark has the best sense of smell.
- Shark meat has an unpopular image as food, so fish markets and chefs change the name of shark meat to rock salmon, rock eel, huss or flake.