Mary Lambert: Heart on Your Sleeve Album Review #HeartOnMySleeve #O2O

Disclosure:  I participated in the Mary Lambert Heart On My Sleeve album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided a free album to review but all opinions are my own.



I first heard the name Mary Lambert on the VH1 Top 20 Countdown.  The Macklemore & Ryan Lewis song "Same Love" featuring Mary Lambert was in the ranking and Jim Shearer was telling us that each of them had a cameo in the video.  At the time I had no idea who Mary Lambert was or what she looked like.  The only thing I knew was that she was singing this amazing vocal hook on a song that made you think.  Later on I finally saw her on the stage at both the MTV Video Music Awards and the Grammys.  On stage with both Jennifer Hudson and Madonna it was clear she could sing.  

Since then the singer-songwriter signed on with Capitol Records and has just released her solo debut album Heart On My Sleeve.  I received a copy of the album and have been loving listening to it.  It's the kind of music that can make you emotional even if you aren't experiencing the exact same things.  There are multiple songs that I feel would sound great on television or in a movie scene.

My favorite track on the album is "Secrets".  It's a fun song that has a great beat and lyrics that could easily become an anthem.  You can check out the video for that song below:



Other favorites of mine on the album include the second track "So Far Away"
and "When You Sleep".  Mary also does a cover of Jessie's Girl on the album.  I love this song, but surprisingly I didn't love this version.  It was just a little too slow for me and I wanted to hear more of a spin on it.

Here is the full track listing:
1.  Secrets
2.  So Far Away
3.  Ribcage
4.  Dear One (Poem)
5.  When You Sleep
6.  Chasing the Moon
7.  Jessie's Girl
8.  Monochromatic
9.  Heart On My Sleeve
10.  Wounded Animal
11.  Sum of Our Parts
12.  Sing To Me
13.  Assembly Line

Overall I think it's a great album that is incredibly easy to listen to and would make a great soundtrack for night in.  Learn more by visiting the Official Mary Lambert Website or follow on Twitter, YouTube or Facebook.

Buy the album now on iTunes or Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment