Book Review ~ A Bad Mad Sad Day for Mama Bear

Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book for the purpose of a review. 


"Everything was going from bad to worse for Mama Bear today."

In A Bad Mad Sad Day for Mama Bear by Mayra Calvani we get a peek into Mama Bear's day where nothing seems to go right and Little Bear's efforts to cheer his mama up by sharing what he loves most with her.  Mama Bear is so busy dealing with each moment of chaos that she doesn't notice what Little Bear is doing.  



I can totally relate to the story being told in this book.  I can't tell you the number of days where I feel that nothing is going my way and I'm sure I neglect the little ones in my life while I'm stressing about whatever little thing that has gone wrong.  Thankfully I've really never had to deal with as many actual bad things as Mama Bear does in this story.  Nevertheless when those things are happening I feel like the walls are closing in around me.  I think that's why I really enjoyed the story because it can serve as a reminder for me that things could always be worse and I need to appreciate those in my life who love me even when I'm feeling at my worst.

I read this story with both of my children and they enjoyed it too.  They liked wondering what was going to happen next to Mama Bear and what item Little Bear might try to give to her.  They liked looking at the illustrations and each had their favorite parts.  My son liked when the baboons came over to the house and my daughter liked the sweet ending where Mama Bear and Little Bear shared a nice hug.  Personally my favorite part of the book is the final page where Mama Bear finally gets to relax and it shows Little Bear all snuggled in bed and Papa Bear is doing the dishes.  My hubby is the one that does the dishes at our house so this is another image I can completely relate to.

A Bad Mad Sad Day for Mama Bear is recommended for ages 3-7 and you can get it now on Amazon in both print and Kindle versions.


Disclosure:  Confessions of a Frugal Mind received a copy of this book for the purpose of a review.  No further compensation was received.  All opinions are 100% mine.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Thank you so much for the great review, Julia! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete