Angry Birds Star Wars Millennium Falcon Bounce Game Review @hasbrogamenight


My family was very excited to receive the Angry Birds Star Wars Millennium Falcon Bounce Game from Hasbro Toys & Games to review.  The game arrived in time for Star Wars Day, May the 4th, (I just learned that this year) but we were on vacation during that time, so we couldn't celebrate the day with the game at that time.  When we returned from our trip we had a package waiting for us.  It sat unopened for a few days until the unpacking was mostly done.  When I did open the box my 6 year old son got super excited.  He had no idea that one of his favorite things, Angry Birds, was going to be in the box.  Of course he wanted to play right away, but Mommy made him wait until a time we could all play and have fun with it together.  And wait he did, actually so patiently it amazed me until the day I asked if he wanted to play.


He was pretty pumped to play.  He had already inspected and read the box and said he knew how to play.   Once we had it opened we discovered there was a bit of work involved in setting it up.  There are stickers to be placed on the Millennium Falcon and cardboard pieces to assemble for the Falcon to stand up.  We had the dad do that work for us.


We were then ready to play!  The object of the game is to knock down the pieces sitting on the falcon by bouncing one of the small ping-pong like balls on a table toward it.  You get points by knocking down the bad piggies and getting your ball in the center or the cock-pit.  We each took turns bouncing all the balls, even my 4 year old daughter, and none of us were that great at it.  That is probably where the age factor comes in. The game is recommended for ages 8 and up, but honestly I think it was good fit for my son. I'm sure older kids can bounce with more accuracy though.  We did have fun with it and  I hope that T. will continue to play with it.  I know his love of Angry Birds isn't going away any time soon.  My only real pet peeve with the game is that when it is fully assembled it doesn't fit back in the box.  I'm one of those people that likes to have a home for everything so we took it apart a little just so the lid could get put back on.


We also got an Angry Birds Star Wars Foam Flyers Chewbacca Bird that T. was equally if not more excited about.  He is constantly tossing some kind of ball around so this was a perfect item for him and I'm thinking this would make a great birthday gift for boys his age.

To keep up with all things Game Night visit the page on Facebook and follow on Twitter.


Disclosure:  I received this game and toy from Hasbro for the purpose of a review & giveaway.  All opinions are 100% mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment