Children's Book Review ~ Because I'm Your Dad @DisneyHyperion

Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book for the purpose of a review. 


"I'm your dad, and I will do all these things for you and more..."

Dads don't always get the attention they deserve so I'm happy to share with you a fun new book that highlights the special relationship between a dad and his kid.  Ahmet Zappa, the son of the late musician Frank Zappa, wrote Because I'm Your Dad for his daughter.  When you read it you can sense that he had a great relationship with his father and wants to form that same bond with his daughter.

The first time I read this book I had both of my kids on my bed with my while reading.  I read slowly so that they could look at all of the pictures. The loved the dad and child monster characters and I loved the colorful illustrations that went along perfectly with the story.  There are many silly parts in the story.  The part about burping cracked my son up while my daughter giggled at the line about nibbling on toes.  My kids also took away some things from the story that I'm pretty sure they won't be able to experience for themselves like a bathtub full of ice cream and traveling to New York for a hot dog.  I wonder what they dreamed about that night though.

Because I'm Your Dad makes a great book for my son to read independently because of the repeating phrases and illustrations that match what is being read on the page.  It is also a fabulous book to read with a dad and if you're looking for a Father's Day gift that allows for some quality dad/child time this is an excellent pick.  For Zappa's first children's picture book I give it a thumb's up and would love to see these characters do more silly things together in future books.

Because I'm Your Dad was published April 2, 2013 and is now available on Amazon.

Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book for the purpose of a review.  No further compensation was received.  All opinions are 100% mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment