Review ~ Healthy Choice Baked Entrees


Healthy Choice has a fairly new line of baked entrées.  They now have 10 flavors of these frozen meals that offer a fresh baked taste out of the microwave.  The offerings are mostly classic comfort foods.  

Healthy Choice Baked Entrées varieties include:


  • Four Cheese Ziti Marinara: Freshly-made ziti pasta tossed with classic marinara and topped with a blend of fine Italian cheeses; Parmesan, Romano, Asiago and mozzarella
  • Roasted Chicken and Potatoes: Savory slices of chicken breast with red skin potatoes, crisp carrots, and tender pearl onions in a light chicken and herb sauce
  • Fettuccini Alfredo Bake: A classic combination of freshly-made fettuccini pasta and rich Parmesan Alfredo sauce with crisp broccoli and topped with seasoned bread crumbs
  • Italian Sausage Pasta Bake: Freshly-made whole grain rotini pasta paired with juicy Italian sausage, tossed in a rich garlic marinara together with bubbling mozzarella cheese
  • Lasagna with Meat Sauce: Three rich layers of freshly-made pastas, hearty meat sauce and ricotta cheese topped with mozzarella for perfection
  • Chicken & Rice Cheddar Bake: Whole grain brown and wild rice pilaf with crisp broccoli and sliced chicken breast in a creamy cheddar cheese sauce


I'm a fan of Italian dishes with marinara sauce and of course cheese so I selected the Four Cheese Ziti Marinara to try out.  My daughter and I often have leftovers for lunch but there are some days that I'm ready for a change.  Having a meal that I can quickly prepare in the microwave is appreciated. 

The Four Cheeze Zita Marina is ziti pasta and tomato marinara sauce topped with mozarella, parmesan, romano and asiago cheeses.  It has a flavorful sauce and the cheese melts in to make the dish seem richer.  The meal is 310 calories and has a Weight Watchers PointPlus Value of 7.


I thought the meal tasted good and it was a satisfying lunch.  I would definitely have it again or try one of the other flavors.


Disclosure:  I received the product from Con Agra for the purpose of an honest review.  All opinions are 100% mine.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen these at the store, but I think I'd be interested in trying them as I always like to add some variety to my meals. The baked style is very appealing as well, as I like something that looks like it'll actually leave me feeling like I've had something substantial to eat. The Four Cheese Ziti looks appealing as they added the various cheeses with the marinara sauce. Thanks for sharing! I'll have to look for these when I go to the store.

    ReplyDelete