The California Wine Club for the Holiday & Enter to Win!


If you are seeking a unique holiday gift for the foodie or wine lover on your shopping list look no further than The California Wine Club.  As I shared in my CA Wine Club review last month The California Wine Club has been sharing great bottles of wine from California's smaller award winning wineries for over 20 years now.  They love to share their passion with you by sending the wine directly to your doorstep.  No research or effort is required on your part. 


I was thrilled to receive my second shipment from The California Wine Club last month.  It was even more excited when I pulled the bottles and discovered their festive packaging.  It really would have made the bottles perfect for gifting, but mine were headed to Thanksgiving dinner.  I also received a welcome kit which included the holiday issue of Uncorked magazine and a great little wine tote that holds several bottles and makes it perfect for carrying.  I used mine right away on Thanksgiving to take the bottles to my parents house.


The shipment contained two bottles from  Daniel Gehrs Wines and as you may be able to tell from the picture both are multiple award winners.  The first was a 2009 Central Coast Merlot.  It is the perfect accompaniment to a prime rib dinner and you can find a great recipe if needed in the Uncorked magazine.  The second bottle was a 2011 Santa Barbara Country White Hills Vineyard Chenin Blanc.  It worked incredibly well with our Thanksgiving turkey dinner and I think it became my new favorite white wine.  I don't believe I have ever tried a Chenin Blanc before, but now I will be seeking it out.  I would not have known if not for The California Wine Club and I love that I can learn more about it by reading the Uncorked magazine.

We had some leftover Chenin Blanc so we also used it in our Fast & Fancy Chicken Recipe.  It honestly tasted better than ever before.  I'm giving the wine credit for it.

Visit The California Wine Club to learn more about their many different membership options that are available and the unique holiday gifts they offer. Please note that the shipping deadline is December 12th.  Any orders placed after the 12th will incur expedited air charges for Christmas deliveries.

You can also enter to win in the Blogger Palooza Giveaway from the California Wine Club.  Prizes include:
1) One of four, Three Month Wine Club memberships (A $150 value you can give as a gift, or keep for yourself)
2) One of 50 handy Two Bottle Wine Totes ($25 value)
3) One of 50 Red Tulip Music wine country CD's ($15 value)
Good luck and I'd love to hear if you're a winner!


Disclosure: This review was made possible by Mom Spark Media. Thoughts are my own. I received a 2 month Membership to the California Wine Club for the purpose of this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment