Holiday Gift Idea ~ UncommonGoods Kids Gift Set



UncommonGoods is an online store where you can find gift items that are both unique and affordable for anyone on your list this year.  UncommonGoods in itself is unique because of its commitment to the environment, supporting artists and its donations to non-profits.  In fact a portion of each order is donated to your choice of non-profit organization.  Over the past couple of years I've read many things about UncommonGoods, but my first personal experience with the store came recently when I received a kids gift set from the site.

UncommonGoods sells gifts for kids of all ages and the kids gift set I received included a portable ping-pong set, a stencil and pen set and a tube toy.   
 
The first item my son wanted to play with was the ping pong set.  Everything you need to play comes compacted in a drawstring bag for simple storage and easy travel.  We didn't really have a good place to set it up in our house, but it ended up working well in our construction zone.  My hubby just set up some plywood on some sawhorses and we were ready to play.


This was the first time my 6-year old son has played ping-pong before to my knowledge and he had so much fun with it.  After it was set up he kept wanting to go play. It had been a long time since I've played ping-pong and I have to admit it was a lot of fun.  We needed to have a bigger table to play on, but we can make that happen in the future.  We'll definitely be playing with this set for a long time to come.   You can check out more gifts for boys here.
The next item my son checked out was the stencil and pen face kit.  He was really excited about this set because one of his favorite things is drawing on big blank sheets of paper.  I gave him some and the stencils and let him go to it.

 
The stencil set contains three fine tip markers and three stencils in a storage case.  In the Facebox set there is a stencil for head shapes, another for hats and hair and one for noses, mouths and eyes.  T. did get a little frustrated with how small some of the stencils are, but he liked drawing with them and will want to use them again. I know my 3-year old daughter will love them when she gets her hands on the set.  You can check out more gifts for girls here.


We also received a Tube Toy in the set.  Ours was a fire truck, but they also have train and tractor tube toys available.  The tube is both the packaging and part of the toy itself.  Inside it contains all of the pieces to put together the vehicle including wood axels, rubber wheels and stickers.   Both of my kids wanted to be the one to put the fire truck together and they really enjoyed being able to work on it themselves.  It was pretty simple for them, but of course they had some help along the way.
 
 

I think of the three items the ping-pong set will be getting the most use from everyone in our family, but all of the items were engaging and enjoyed.  To learn more about these items and to discover more gift ideas for kids visit UncommonGoods.

Disclosure:  I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. I have to check out Uncommon Goods!! My son would love all of those! :)

    Thank you so much for participating in our Aloha Friday Blog Hop!! I am following you, of course!! Wishing you and yours a lovely week!!

    Aloha,

    Jean {What Jean Likes}

    ReplyDelete