Frugal Tuesday Tip - Speak Up


I've never been one to complain publicly about things.  Sure, at home my poor husband hears me complain non-stop about all kinds of things, but usually around others I try to keep the negative inside.  I am learning though there are times you need to speak up about things and I'm getting better at it.  Not too long ago on one of our regular shopping trips to Hy-Vee we wanted enchilada sauce, but our store was all out.  We had it on our menu plan and had to push it back a week.  The following Sunday there was only one dented can on the shelf.  We bought it, but I wasn't happy about the store not having the product 2 weeks in a row.  So I did something I've never really done and sent an email to Hy-Vee (trying not to complain too much).  The following week our cashier handed us a bag from the manager with enchilada sauce.  I definitely appreciated that my email was actually directed to the store and then to be acknowledged from the manager was nice.

While I was sending that email to Hy-Vee I realized that it was the first time I had sent anything about the store that we frequent and I had never acknowledged our favorite cashier, so at the same time I sent an email stating how much we appreciate her.  Because we typically go to the store the same day & time every week we see her every week and she has watched my children go through the check-out aisle since they were babies and enjoys talking to them.  She doesn't mind when I hand her my stack of coupons.  I found out from her that she received a $25 gift card because of that email I sent and it was the first one she had received in all of her years of service. 

So, we should speak up when we're not happy about things, but we should also let companies know when we are happy and get great service.  If you appreciate an employee let someone know!

8 comments:

  1. That is such a great thing to do. I bet you totally made that lady's day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a good feeling, knowing you've made someone's day a little better!

    Stumbled!
    http://keenlykristin.com/2011/05/the-summer-of-kristin-has-begun/

    Thanks for linking up!
    Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right....we forget to say Thanks! Stumbled to your blog...... Have a Very Safe & Happy Memorial Weekend! Stop for a visit http://dedastudios.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right! I did this jsut two weeks ago. We had a carpet company come and recarpet our HUGE basement it was not an easy job. They were so nice (really cute haha) and I called the company and told them all they did and how wonderful they were! I am not sure if they were told or if they got anything but I totally made that call! they were amazing!
    Have a great holiday weekend!
    I stumbled you as well will follow :) hope you have time to do the same :)
    http://mommy2nanny3doggy1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are often quick to complain, but not as quick to say thank you. After my business partner heard Gary Vaynerchuk speak about his new book "Thank You Economy," we began looking for ways to thank our members and clients. We need to be grateful for our blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just "stumbled" by from the hop, which is found on a page on my site that lists more than 200 hops, memes, and photo challenges… some for each day of the week. Check under the header for the link to that page. I’ve also just started a BlogFrog community that focuses on hops, carnivals, memes, and photo challenges. Go to http://theblogfrog.com/1504201 to visit & participate.
    I hope you’ll visit me soon and follow back!
    NCSue

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice that the store positively acknowledged both the customer and the employee!

    -:¦:- Stumble Through Thursday: Catwoman Costumes -:¦:-

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great! I bet she appreciated it.

    I stumbled youhttp://booksyourkidswilllove.blogspot.com/2011/05/summer-of-reading.html. My post is

    ReplyDelete