Frugal Tuesday Tip - At the Movies


I got to go to a movie last night for the first time in months since I had bought the Fandango deal from Living Social and had to use it before it expired!  We don't go to a lot of movies in the theatre (almost never - unless I win passes) so it felt pretty good seeing one up on the big screen. Since we had the Fandango deal we had no problem going in the evening, but we normally would not pay the regular admission price for a movie.  Instead we take advantage of matinee prices (be sure to check with the theatre on what the matinee time frame is).  What I love about our Carmike Theatres in Des Moines is that they have Super Bargain prices for movies that start between 4-5:30 that are even cheaper than the matinee times. So my tip of the week is to check with your theatres to see when the cheapest time is to see a movie. 

5 comments:

  1. We try as often as possible to hit the matinees...less midschoolers to deal with as well!! This is my first visit to your blog. I will join as a follower and return...i can always use frugal advice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so with you!!!

    Stumbled you! My post is:
    http://keenlykristin.com/2011/05/the-summer-of-kristin-happy-birthday-rock-roll/

    Thanks!
    Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a while since the last time I watched movie on a big screen... thanks for the tip



    I stumbled you, please stumble on my post, Moles Linked to Delayed Ageing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stumbled you! My link is http://www.mamamommymom.com/2011/05/pan-seared-chicken-with-honey-mustard.html

    Jamie @ www.mamamommymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always go to the before noon performances with my little one. The theater is less busy then also.

    I stumbled you. My post is http://booksyourkidswilllove.blogspot.com/2011/05/jane-jones-worst-vampire-ever.html

    ReplyDelete